Monday, October 3, 2016

Dad

Hi Phi

Noticed lately that you no longer call me "Daddy". You just call me "Dad". Do I like it? I love it! Somehow I feel "Dad" is more intimate than "Daddy". I felt thrilled when you call me "Dad". That's nice, really nice. Maybe I should also call our heavenly Father "Dad". I suppose God will be more than happy if we call Him “Dad”

I have heard a handful of people praying to God, calling Him "Daddy“ but I cannot recall anyone who addressed God as "Dad”. Who started it, who is the first one who addressed God as "Daddy"?

"And He said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will."

This is taken from Mark 14:36. Jesus said the prayer. He addressed God as "Abba" which means "Daddy".

The following is from my unpublished book. My very first. The one you have been receiving via email is actually my second book.

Chapter 12 My Father

"Though I have been a Christian for 25 years, I was carrying this wound in my heart not knowing what it was. My journey to emotional healing was a long but a meaningful one. There were times I felt like God was whispering my name and ushering me closer and closer to Him. I know God loves us and He wants to have a close relationship with us. But can that make up the emotional void in my heart?

I remember an occasion I was taking care of Phileo my younger son. He was only 2 years old then. I walked away, just a short distance, to get some snack, but I kept my eyes on him. I saw something that I will never forget. Phileo started looking for me and in no time he was crying for me. That has never happened before. Phileo cried when he could not find me. That meant a lot to me. It speaks a lot of my relationship with Phileo. Like most young kids, when they lose sight of someone who is close to them, they will just ‘Wahhhhh…..’ It is natural. It is instinctive. In this instant, Phileo was crying for his daddy.

I have been crying for my daddy. I desire to have the kind of close relationship we never have. Now we are separated by hundred of miles and we only meet 3 or 4 times a year. It is like too little. Too late.

I didn’t have to wait too long for an answer. It came from someone who loves me.

-- New Living Translation 

Romans 8:15 So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children.[a] Now we call him, “Abba, Father.”

Abba is an Aramaic word. It is an intimate form of the word father. An endearing term. The closest modern equivalent is “papa” or “daddy.” Let’s read the verse again, Now we call him (God), “Daddy, Father.”

God is my Daddy, my heavenly father.

I don’t call Him Daddy in my public prayer. But when I am alone praying, I like to just call Him ‘Daddy….’"


This is now my favourite music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBmwwwiHrOk


No comments:

Post a Comment